Santa Monica Sex Crime Lawyer
Were you charged with a sex crime?
The state of California defines a sex crime as any illegal act of a sexual nature. Sex crimes include the following:
- Marital rape
- Statutory rape (rape of minor between the ages of 14 and 17)
- Child molestation (child under the age of 14)
- Prostitution (receiving money in exchange for sexual acts)
- Sexual assault
- Lewd conduct (sexual activity in public)
- Indecent exposure
- Pimping, pandering and solicitation
- Internet crimes of sexual nature
To be charged with a sex crime implies serious repercussions that require immediate legal guidance and skill from a dedicated and tactful team of lawyers. A Santa Monica criminal defense lawyer at Lessem & Newstat has the long-standing reputation of aggressively fighting in court. Our firm has extensive experience working with intricate sex crime charges and criminal defense cases in the greater Los Angeles area. We will strive to protect your rights.