Charged with a Crime in Santa Monica?
Santa Monica Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with a crime, the first step you will want to take to defend yourself is to contact an experienced Santa Monica criminal defense lawyer. There are many people who have attempted to face criminal charges alone, without professional legal representation, and in the majority of cases, they have been unsuccessful. If you attempt to face your charges without help, you risk defending yourself against a prosecutor whose knowledge of criminal law may be much more extensive than your own. This may result in an eventual conviction, and punishment that includes monetary fines, community service, probation/parole, or even jail or prison time. By hiring an attorney, you significantly increase your chances of a positive outcome to your criminal proceedings, as the attorney will be able to employ evidence, testimony, and strong defense tactics to counter the opposition's case against you.
Lessem & Newstat is a full service criminal defense law firm that has taken over 200 cases to trial. Attorney Joshua Newstat and Attorney Jeremy Lessen possess over 50 years of combined experience in the area of criminal law, which they utilize in providing comprehensive defense services for clients. No matter the specifics of your case, our skilled legal team will be able to provide aggressive representation that may serve to reduce your charges, or eliminate them completely.
Types of Criminal Charges
Our firm has defended clients against all manner of criminal charges, including:
- Drug crimes - possession, distribution, trafficking, medical marijuana violations
- DUI - first time offenses, multiple conviction cases, DUI manslaughter, underage DUI
- White collar crimes - embezzlement, money laundering, counterfeiting
- Violent crimes - assault, battery, domestic violence, arson, murder
- Sex crimes - Sexual assault, child pornography, statutory rape
- Other crimes - theft, internet crimes, federal crimes, traffic crimes
Charged with a crime? Contact a Santa Monica criminal defense attorney who will protect your rights and attempt to clear you of any wrongdoing.